Hip Pain Relief
Hip pain is a condition commonly experienced by many people we see at SportsCare Physical Therapy. The joint is often under a good deal of stress with standing, walking and running, but it is a large joint, and usually quite stable. Age, activities, and congenital factors can all play a role in hip pain. Injuries to the soft tissues (ligaments, labrum, bursae, muscles) surrounding the hip are common with overuse activities and traumatic injuries. Degenerative, or arthritic conditions are common as we age, but are also dependent on activities we choose and congenital factors.
Common hip pain symptoms include:
- Pain in the groin.
- Pain on the outside of the hip.
- Difficulty or pain with walking or weight bearing.
- Limited Range of Motion.
- Sharp or grabbing pain when moving the joint.
- Constant ache around the hip.
- Pain with pressure or touching the hip.
Why SportsCare Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapists at SportsCare will take the time to perform a thorough evaluation to determine the cause of your hip pain and determine the proper treatment to provide relief. We will determine if the cause is due to muscle strains, arthritis or bursitis…or if the pain is originating elsewhere in the body, such as the lumbar spine.
We will determine if care is needed beyond the stretches and exercises you will learn to perform at home such as:
- Modalites : Ultrasound, Ice/Heat, electrical stimulation.
- Manual therapy: joint mobilization to increase pain-free range of motion, soft tissue mobilization which may include massage or instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization such as Graston Technique.
- Specific exercise instruction or decreased weight bearing exercises with AlterG treadmill.
Remember, our joints act as an interrelated chain, and if one joint is having issues, it can affect the other joints. It is not uncommon to have a hip with restricted motion begin to affect the back or other joints, and create problems and pain that becomes more widespread, so if you are experiencing hip pain, come see us today.
Call one of our convenient locations to set up an appointment or Request an Appointment Online.